Faithfully Dedicated to Excellence!
Welcome to our parish and school!
Our mission is to work together with parents, children, community and staff, to educate each student in Kindergarten through Eighth Grade in a positive, Catholic, Christian environment!
On this web site you will find ...
Information about our school and the wonderfull students that make up our school community. If you are new to our school please click on New Families. If you go to our School Blog section you will see some of the activities our students will be engaged in this school year. I especially call your attention to our pinwheel of this month's events and "special"pictures of our school events that include all the grades.
So what's up with Holy Rosary School this Year?
This summer I sent the following letter to all our students and their families. As you can see there are a lot of exciting things happening at our school this year:
• I announced to you in May that our new Communication Arts teacher would be Mr. Tim Woodcock. He is former newspaper editor (West End Word, St. Louis) and writer, born in England and just completed his teacher certification classes at the U. Missouri. In addition to teaching CA to the 7th and 8th graders he will also teach the social studies classes for grades 5 thru 8. Mr. Woodcock will also start an after school Journalism class!
• Speaking of after school programs we will also be offering choir, dance, guitar and computer classes after school for the first time!
• Teaching the choir and guitar classes will be our new music teacher, Mrs. Linda Daly. In addition to being a member of our parish she is a veteran school, PSR and bible camp music teacher. Look for our children’s choir at Sunday’s Masses in the near future.
• We are installing brand new Epson interactive and annotative projectors for all of our classrooms. This is the latest technology that will be a great resource to your children and our teachers.
• We are going to an all new, school wide, Religion program published Sadlier. I think you parents will really like the family friendly aspects of this new program.
• Look for our school ad in the August 2 and 9 editions of the Warren Record! (See if you can find your child in the picture.) Please spread the word that we are still accepting new students in our school and that there still is financial aid available!
- A reminder that school supply lists are at Wal-Mart!
- And finally I am happy to announce our enrollment so far is up about 5% from last year!
Here's to a great year, Mr. Ford (Principal)